There are two main types of kidney transplants: Living Donor Transplants and Deceased Donor Transplants.
Kidney transplant operations are guided by the and Human Organ Transplantation (Amndment ) Act 2011 of the Parliament of India. There are certains provisions which have to be fulfilled before a patient is considered for Renal Transplantation.
This operation is provided by team of Urology and Kidney Transplant, in conjunction with the Dept of Nephrology and kidney Transplant.
Kidney failure describes a medical condition in which the kidneys fail to adequately filter toxins and waste products from the blood. The kidney problems can be devided in two forms in acute phase it is reffered to as AKI (Acute Kidney Injury) and in chronic phrase referred to as CKD (Chronic kidney disease) .The CKD patients are started on renal replacement therapy (RRT) once they reach a state of end stage renal disease (ESRD).
Common diseases leading to ESRD include diabetes mellitus, hypertension, chronic interstitial nephritis, polycystic kidney disease, and autoimmune conditions such as Lupus nephritis. Diabetes is the most common cause of kidney transplantation accounting for approximately 25% of those in the developed and developing world.
Our center is dedicated to highest standards of patient care with human touch, offering pioneering procedures that minimize risk and hasten recovery.
- We firmly believe that research enhances the ability of teaching and teaching lifts the standards of patient care.
- Primus nephrology Center provides excellent medical services with latest technology for diseases of the urinary system.
- As the major tertiary care centre, our goal is to deliver the highest level patient care, consistent with our philosophy of keeping the patient at the highest priority.
- We are proud to offer some of the region's finest experts in urology specialty.
- The Center works as a cohesive team with interdisciplinary interactions between urologists, nephrologists, and medical team.